- Recall and use appropriate circuit symbols (As set out in ASE publication Signs, Symbols and Systematics (The ASE Companion to 16-19 Science 2000))
- Interpret and draw circuit diagrams using the symbols shown.
You need to know many of the following, some of them however will appear from time to time (even though you may not need to know them for your A levels) so you should familiarise yourself with them;
Try testing yourself using the following links:
- Isaac Physics – Electrical Components – This is a reading resource
- Research older symbols and compare them with those of today, commenting on which they prefer and why.
- Children of Light: How Electrification Changed Britain Forever by Gavin Weightman (Can be found on Amazon)